In this review, we’ll be looking at some of the best top end kits for your 350 Chevy.
The working of an engine is simple. It mixes air and fuel to generate power for the car.
A 350 Chevy’s engine is almost 60 years old and coaxing out the best from it is a difficult task.
You’ll need a set of high-flowing cylinder heads, intake manifold pairs with a well-improved camshaft and other components as well.
With that being said, the hassle to search through all the compatible parts and components for your vehicle is a task that no one likes to go through. It’s both a time consuming and a pocket draining process.
There’s an alternative to this approach. This alternative doesn’t ask you to buy separate components that match your Chevy 350.
You can get a top end kit for 350 Chevy to boost your engine power.
Long story short, if you have a Chevy 350 then buying a top end kit will eliminate the need to search and collect parts separately.
It serves as a complete package that has pre-matched components that will suit your engine and boost your engine’s performance.
The most important benefit is that you’d be saving a lot of time and money when you buy a top end kit. So without much ado, let’s have a look at three of the best top end kits for 350 Chevy.
|Intake Manifold Included|
|Intake Valve Diameter|
|Intake Runner Volume|
|Exhaust Valve Diameter|
|Cylinder Head Finish|
|Cylinder Head Material|
|Combustion Chamber Volume|
Edelbrock EDL-2022 – High-Quality Kit
Edelbrock EDL-2022 is a combination of high-quality dyno proven components that can fit a Chevy 350.
This particular kit is dyno tested on a Chevy 350 and the results were mind-blowing.
It showed 381 ft-lbs. of torque with pump gas and 315 HP.
Features Of The Product
These are the components that make up the Edelbrock EDL-2022:
- Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold – 350-2701: This particular component is manufactured for 1986 and earlier built vehicles (242 – 400 cubic inch). It is tuned for peak torque at 3500 RPM, hence offers excellent driveability from idle to 5500 RPM.
- E-Street Cylinder Heads: These are meant to provide maximum flow velocity by working with Edelbrock intake manifold, carburetor, camshaft, etc. The cylinder heads are made up of A356 aluminum casting that is meant to run for longer and offer excellent performance.
- Edelbrock Performer-Plus Camshaft Kit – 350-2102: These are designed to provide torque from low end to midrange. The main job of a camshaft is to offer smooth idling.
- Edelbrock Head Gasket Set – 350-7361: This component is used as a sealing component between a cylinder head and cylinder block. Its job is to prevent engine fluids from running into the cylinders.
- Edelbrock Performer-Link Timing Chain Set: This set is used to connect the crankshaft and camshaft, and rotate both the upper and lower halves of the engine in sync.
- Other Components: The kit also includes Edelbrock pushrods, head bolt kit, and gasket kit that matches the Chevy 350 perfectly.
The camshaft of this top end kit requires a bit improvement as it lacks a punch, especially in the rumbling depart.
- Carbeurated fuel delivery style
- Offers pushrod through oiling style
- 60cc exhaust runner volume
- 7-degree lock style
- Dual plane intake style
- No heat crossover ports
- Steam holes are not drilled
Installing the Edelbrock EDL-2022 kit will eliminate hard engine starting that you might have been facing before. It will kickstart the engine immediately by warming it up.
Edelbrock 2038 – Best Value
It comes with Intake Manifold/Bolt Kit, Timing Chain Set/Gasket, Cylinder Heads/Bolt Kit, Camshaft/Lifters, Pushrods, and Head Gasket Set.
If we compare Edelbrock EDL-2022 and Edelbrock 2038, there are only a few differences. Edelbrock 2038 offers more horsepower and has a different camshaft than Edelbrock EDL-2022.
Apart from these two differences, every other component is the same and they do the same job at the end of the day.
Features Of The Product
- Edelbrock Performer-Plus Camshaft Kit – 350-2117: It is designed to be used with fuel injection and works well with the carburetor as well. This camshaft offers excellent torque from low to midrange and makes sure that the idling is smooth.
- Edelbrock Head Gasket Set – 350-7361: The job of a head gasket is to avoid letting any of the engine fluids transfer into the cylinders. This particular gasket set offers top-notch sealing properties and restricts the fluid from flowing into the cylinder.
- E-Street Cylinder Heads: The cylinder heads that accompany with this kit are made up of A365 aluminum which is known for great strength and performance. With these cylinder heads installed, the flow velocity of your engine will definitely move up. Moreover, these cylinder heads are meant to collaborate with the intake manifold, carburetor, camshaft, etc., to deliver excellent performance.
- Edelbrock Performer-Link Timing Chain Set: This timing chain ensures that both the upper and lower halves of the engine rotate smoothly and consistently. They do this by connecting the crankshaft and camshaft and make them rotate the engine in sync.
- Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold – 350-2701: It is tuned for a tuned for peak torque at 3500 RPM for a 350 Chevy engine. It is meant to drive the engine from idle to 5500 RPM.
Air cleaning can be a bit of a problem.
- Dual plane intake style
- Square bore carburetor flange
- Lifters, timing chains, gasket included
- Straight spark plug style
- Positive stop Valve Stem Seal Style
- Rocker arm nuts not included
- Valve covers not included
If you desire more horsepower then this top end kit will serve you right.
Procomp Electronics PCE435.1062 – Best Budget Pick
Procomp Electronics PCE435.1062 doesn’t include the camshaft and only offers cylinder heads, intake manifold, gaskets, rocker arms, fabricated valve covers, and MLS gaskets.
Features Of The Product
- MLS Gasket: This kit offers something that the other two kits don’t. Its gasket is made up of MLS quality. It’s a top-notch stainless steel quality material that can withstand more temperature resistance and can also handle high combustion pressures. This type of gasket is better at stopping leaks.
- Rocker Arms: The kit offers aluminum made durable rocker arms that serve as an oscillatory lever. Its job is to convert radial movements into linear movements and pass it from cam lobe to popper valve to open it.
- Dual Plane Intake Manifold: A dual plane intake manifold is for a street car. It has 4 separate plenums that provide each cylinder with enough juice to perform flawlessly.
- Fabricated Valve Covers: It’s easier for valve covers to warp and get damaged. To make sure that doesn’t happen, the valves that come with this kit are fabricated. Their job is to protect the valve covers from getting damaged.
The kit doesn’t include a camshaft and needs to be bought separately.
- Ductile iron valve seat material
- 10-degree lock style
- Chromoly steel retainer material
- Dual springs per valve
- Heat crossover not included
This engine kit is for people who are short on budget and want a high-quality kit to boost the performance of their car’s engine.
When buying a top end kit, several points must be kept in mind so that nothing goes wrong. Here’s what you need to do when choosing a top end kit for your Chevy 350.
Fabricated Valve Covers
Fabricated coverings protect the valves from wear and tear, and also make them operate smoothly for a long period of time.
Another important part of an engine is the gasket kit. Its job is to prevent engine fluids from transferring into the engine cylinders. Commonly, top end engine kits come with either an aluminum gasket or MLS gasket.
Speaking of both, MLS gaskets are much durable and can withstand more temperature and pressure than the aluminum gaskets. Hence, it may be a better idea to opt for MLS gaskets.
A top end kit with dual plane intake manifolds can be an excellent choice because such manifolds feed all four of the cylinders equally and make sure that the performance remains unaffected.
These are meant to regulate the engine’s movement. It sets the upper and lower halves of an engine to rotate in sync.
It is recommended to go for E-cylinder heads because they can boost the flow velocity of the engine and push overall performance.
If you don’t want to compromise on the quality then go for Edelbrock EDL-2022. It offers a horsepower of 315 which is great. But if that is not enough and you want more horsepower then you can go for Edelbrock 2038.
However, the kit doesn’t include camshaft and might be a little too expensive for some users.
For a budget-friendly pick, go with Procomp Electronics PCE435.1062. It comes with MLS quality gaskets.
- Comparison Table
- Edelbrock EDL-2022 – High-Quality Kit
- Edelbrock 2038 – Best Value
- Procomp Electronics PCE435.1062 – Best Budget Pick
- Buying Guide
- The Conclusion